Hatchery team for BioMar
BioMar reports that it has consolidated a team of dedicated hatchery specialists in order to further develop the company’s hatchery feed products.
February 15, 2018 By Liza Mayer
The team members include Chris Dinneweth, Hatchery Business Unit Manager who started with BioMar in 2017. Chris has worked in both fish and shrimp aquaculture businesses as a researcher and in different managerial positions located in many parts of the world.
Joana Amaral, Product Manager, Marine fish hatcheries, has a background in the hatchery segment due to her previous positions as Operations Manager for sea bass and sea bream cage-culture in one of the largest fish farming companies in the Mediterranean area and as a board member of a sole farm in Spain, advising the technical and R&D teams. She is now BioMar’s Product Manager for hatchery products for marine fish.
Jef Peeters, Product Manager, Shrimp hatcheries has been with BioMar for many years in different positions from researcher to product developer with a focus on hatchery products for shrimp. During Jef’s previous position as a nutritional engineer, he acquired experience developing shrimp hatchery feeds in many parts of the world from Spain to Ecuador. Jef now holds the position as a Product Manager for BioMar’s hatchery products for shrimp.
Some of the key goals of the team are to:
- Improve production capacity to cover fast increasing customer demand.
- Explore new technologies for novel solutions and improved performances.
- Adapt and complete the product lines in all targeted species.
- Pave the way to get out of the live feed trap.
For more information about BioMar products go to: www.biomar.com
Print this page
- New York governor announces major shellfish initiative
- Flood-damaged West Virginia hatchery expects full recovery in 2019