The overarching theme of the IPW2015 is “Scallops in the Changing World”. Research is proceeding actively on many fronts as we attempt to understand the biology and manage the industry against a backdrop of climate change and ocean resource management.
We invite pectinid biologists of all levels of experience to join us for stimulating workshop to be held in a collaborative atmosphere in the vibrant and welcoming city of Galway on Europe’s western margin.
The themes for the IPW are as follows;
- Aquaculture – early life stages
- Aquaculture – on-growing
- Physiology, Biochemistry and Genetics
- Biotoxins, Pollution and Contamination
- Ecology and General Biology
- Resource Management
- Marine Protected Areas
- Pectinids – witnesses of their environment in a changing ocean
Print this page